- Hi! I’m Jennifer. This blog is a mess.
- On Tuesday, we enjoyed a parade, a family get together, grilling out and fireworks. It was a good time and had me feeling a bit sentimental. I was thinking about how many things about this tradition are exactly the same as they were when I was a kid – 30+ years ago. And how many things have changed. I thought especially about those that are no longer with us. My heart was heavy as I thought of all the memories I had with my grandparents and aunts and uncles on the 4th of July. Maybe I was looking at it through the eyes of my kids, especially our youngest, and how much she loves it.
- I am building a farmhouse table for our patio. I read the plans here and all of the comments and suggestions from others who have built it. I cannot over estimate how much those helped. I also gave myself permission to make a few mistakes. I am really happy with how it is turning out.
- I’ve started to think about next summer. We are talking about an extended family vacation and my daughter is talking about a class she may want to take. That feels weird to me. I don’t know – its July and we are making plans for next July!?!
- I have been listening to podcast while I tackle some of the projects that I really dread. AKA housework. The Lazy Genius is a new one I’ve found and I am really enjoying it. Check out the one on baking.
- How many cups of coffee do you think is too many cups of coffee?
- My birthday was yesterday. I turned 43. I think back to how old I was when my mom was 43 (or 42 or 41 – you get the picture;-). Its a different perspective. For so long, I thought my parents were perfect – not only that – but that were supposed to be perfect. When I think of my mom’s age and my age, its a good reminder that there is no age that we are magically given all the answers. Thanks for hosting, Kelly.