I’m linking up with Kelly.
1. My blog is a hot mess. Send help.
2. We went to the CWS this week. My husband and son go to watch the game. I go for the food. My girls seem to be joining team mom on this one. I’m raising them well. Insert the picture I didn’t take of the $10 chicken-walking taco with sour cream and jalapeños here.
3. I just read Jen Hatmaker’s book, For the Love, it is a keeper (but belongs to the library). I laughed out loud in several parts. Others I tabbed and had to come back to and share with my husband. Good stuff. I don’t know if it was my favorite quote because there were several, but the part that made me giggle later when I thought of it was, ….
Honest to goodness, I just got up off my couch to go find it and apparently I took it back to the library before it was due. I’ve done that 7 times since I’ve had a library card. No quote, but it was the part where she talks about asking her child to get a shovel to dig her (his?) own grave after she sassed her and then said, because “that is WJHWD.” Be kind dear reader on my placement of quotation marks, “because” may have been in there as well. I’m not taking credit for the because. Don’t sue me.
4. I’m reading Blue Castle, by L.M. Montgomery. It has been a little slow to grab me, but I am really starting to enjoy it. I read reviews and heard great things about it before picking it up to read.
5. Have you ever tried this recipe? It is so good. I don’t like beer. At all. I know that that image conjures up a prudish, middle age woman who says the word beer with kind of a creaky voice. It’s not that. It’s just that I really don’t like beer. But I really like this recipe. It is great if you are having a group over. My neighbor froze some raspberries and lemons to put in the pitcher. So cute. Which is exactly what you are looking for in a drink, I know. Tasty and in my experience a crowd pleaser.
6. My word this is hard.
7. Here is a picture of one of our dogs. He’s really cute. I like him on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and every other Saturday.